[BioC] segmentation aCGH data

jhs1jjm at leeds.ac.uk jhs1jjm at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 00:44:03 CEST 2007

Sean,

Thanks, that helps a lot. I've purposely stayed away from using the
Agilent software, one as I'm not on campus (this is where it is) and
secondly I wanted to do the analysis using R and bioconductor and any
other open source software I can get my hands on. I was also wondering
whether its the case that a lot of the packages and the algorithms they
use are found in bioconductor/R first and it may take time to implement
them on commercial platform i.e with a nice GUI?

I wonder also if you could help on another matter. At the moment I'm
exporting the DNAcopy segment output as csv file then opening it in
open office calc and correlating the map position with the agilent text
file to find the corresponding genes. This is fine for the 44k arrays
but I'm unable to see all the rows for the 244k text file in calc so
cannot correlate the map position with genes.

Regards

John

Quoting Sean Davis <sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov> on Wed 10 Oct 2007 17:15:52
BST: