[BioC] bioconductor installation problem

Olivier RICHE o.riche at ulster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 11:19:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to install Bioconductor on the latest version of R (2.6.0)
and I get error messages (see below) about the repository. I am trying
to install using the method described there :
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html

Is there a problem with the repository at the moment?

 > source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
 > biocLite()
Running biocinstall version 2.1.8 with R version 2.6.0
Your version of R requires version 2.1 of Bioconductor.
Will install the following packages:
[1] "affy" "affydata" "affyPLM" "annaffy" "annotate"
[6] "Biobase" "Biostrings" "DynDoc" "gcrma" "genefilter"
[11] "geneplotter" "hgu95av2" "limma" "marray" "matchprobes"
[16] "multtest" "ROC" "vsn" "xtable" "affyQCReport"
Please wait...

Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/src/contrib
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/data/annotation/src/contrib
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/data/experiment/src/contrib
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/extra/src/contrib
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://cran.fhcrc.org/src/contrib
Warning message:
In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies, :
packages ‘affy’, ‘affydata’, ‘affyPLM’, ‘annaffy’, ‘annotate’,
‘Biobase’, ‘Biostrings’, ‘DynDoc’, ‘gcrma’, ‘genefilter’, ‘geneplotter’,
‘hgu95av2’, ‘limma’, ‘marray’, ‘matchprobes’, ‘multtest’, ‘ROC’, ‘vsn’,
‘xtable’, ‘affyQCReport’ are not available

Thank you for your help

Regards

Olivier

--
 Olivier RICHE, Computing officer
 University of Ulster, School of Biomedical Sciences,

----

I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill. -- Gandhi