[BioC] BeadExplorer error

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 18 06:31:54 CEST 2007

Hi Alice --

It's a pretty good error! how can row.names(x) have a length different
from 1:length(x)? The answer is...

> x <- character(0)
> data.frame(1:length(x), row.names=x)
Error in data.frame(1:length(x), row.names = x) :
  row names supplied are of the wrong length

because length(x) is 0 and 1:0 is c(1,0). So my guess is that the
sample names are not being read correctly from
Sample_Probe_Profile.csv. The use of widgets makes it difficult to
track down further or make a reproducible example, though traceback()
(and options(error=recover), for the enthusiastic) might be helpful.

Does that point in the right direction?

Martin