[BioC] Bead Array

Divinya Abraham diviniya.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 17:32:59 CEST 2007

Hello,
  I am a novice in this area, and I apologize before hand for my ignorance !I
have a question related to the Bead Array package. My understanding is that
Bead Array can do the genotyping calls and generate something comparable to
the Final Report using BeadStudio. Is that correct ?
   Further, I am able to read in the Bead Level data, and do things as
described in the vignette for Analysis of Bead Level Data. But one thing I
can't figure out is how the genotyping is done. Since no reference is made
about this in the vignette or related literature, makes me to believe that
there is something that I am totally missing or that the genotyping is
intuitive and unfortunatley I don't know how that is done .
    I hope someone can clarify these questions. Any help will be most
appreciated.

Thanks,
Divinya