[BioC] package for human ST gene arrays?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Oct 26 16:05:21 CEST 2007

Hi Yongde Bao,

There is a new package xps in the Devel repository that is intended for
the analysis of the gene arrays. To use this package you will need
R-devel, as well as installing ROOT. There are clear instructions for
building the package on *NIX as well as MacOSX, but if you want to run
on Windows you will have to figure things out for yourself.

In addition, someone has already posted links to cdf packages for this
chip that will allow you to use the affy package. Note however that some
of the probes on this chip are shared between probesets, and that was
not true in the past, so for a certain percentage of probesets you will
be missing probes (once a probe is allocated to a probeset, it will not
be available for any other probesets).

Best,

Jim