[BioC] GSEAbase example? [was KEGG & hyperGTest: an example?]

Paul Shannon pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Mon Oct 29 23:04:51 CET 2007

Hi Robert,

Last week you wrote:

    The GSEAbase package is I think a much better way to do that, and is
    actually intended for such purposes.

where the 'that' you refer to is is my use (abuse...) of the Category
package to find shared GO categories, KEGG pathways, and PFAM domains
among
(typically) 30-100 proteins identified by shotgun proteomics.

I'm sorry to be so slow on the uptake here, but after reading the
GSEAbase vignette,
I am no closer to understanding how to do the GSEAbase equivalent of
the following
quick method for finding that two of my proteins share the PF00069
domain:

   proteins = c ("YLR113W", "YBR069C", "YBR279W", "YCR030C",
"YDR168W", "YNR031C")

   params = new ("PFAMHyperGParams", geneIds = proteins,
                 universeGeneIds = character(0), annotation = "YEAST",
                 pvalueCutoff = 1.0, testDirection = "over")

   hgr.yeast.pfam = hyperGTest (params)

   subset (summary (hgr.yeast.pfam), Count >= 2)

            PFAMID      Pvalue OddsRatio  ExpCount Count Size    Term
   PF00069 PF00069 0.006570706  24.98214 0.1321280     2  114 PF00069

Is there an example you could refer me to?

Thanks!

  - Paul