[BioC] modify CDF file for array study

Michal Okoniewski MOkoniewski at picr.man.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 11:29:06 CET 2007

 Hi Hyuna,

You can modify CDF to do experiments "on the fly" without
creating a metadata library. CDF is just an environment. So:

1) get the pre-installed CDF as an environment, eg:
library("exon.pmcdf")
my.env <- get("exon.pmcdf")

2) attach the CDF to your AffyBatch:
raw.data at cdfName <- "exon.pmcdf"

3) Modify the CDF as you wish. it consists of variables
with names identical to probesets and the values are data
frame with "pm" and "mm" columns. So you can do, eg:

assign("2315108",rbind(get("2315108", envir=my.env),get("2315108",
envir=my.env)),env=my.env)

This example merges probes from two probesets into one. You can use
get(), assign(), rm() etc
to play around with the CDF environment.

4) Run the summarization and interpret it according to your beliefs and
intuitions ;)

5) Once you are happy with the CDF environment you may save it for good
using makecdfenv package.

Have fun,
Michal