[BioC] R crashes after image array plots hgu133plus2 in R2.6.0

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Wed Oct 31 17:31:12 CET 2007

Dear Bioconductor Users.

	I am trying to do Image array plots of hgu133plus2 chips with the
new release of Bioconductor (includiong affy 1.16.0)
under R 2.60 on a Mac (10.4) .  I am using the command

 >image(eset[,1])

and I get an image array. But R crashes after the second image.

I then tried it with the latest  version of R and Bioconductor on my PC,
this time with AffylmGUI ( I have not yet got the GUI to work on the
Mac, but
that is not the problem I am writing about now).

R didn't crash but again after  2 images I couldn't get another image.

I seemed to remember this operation working properly with earlier
versions
of R and Bioconductor on the same chip. So I tried it with AffylmGUI
1.5.4
using Limma 2.7.6  unde R 2.31 on the PC. I was just able to get 3 chip
images in a row without mishap.

So it seems that I am doing something that once worked and now
no longer does.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Lecturer
Department of Biomedical Informatics
Educational Coordinator
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks
Box 95, Room 130BB or P&S 1-420C
Columbia University Medical Center
630 W. 168th St.
New York, NY 10032
(212)305-6901 (5-6901) (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"The last 250 pages of the last Harry Potter
book took place in one day because alot
happened in that day. All of Ulysses takes
place in one day and nothing happened in that day."
-Rose Friedman, age 11