[BioC] ReadAffy Error

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Sep 3 08:26:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

the ReadAffy function is no longer working on my windows machine. This
code was working last week (and still on my linux system), then I
installed Rtools (http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/), now I get
an error. (I think I changed nothing else)

library(affy);
path <- "Z:/Microarray/hgu133a-spikein/rawdata"
celFile <- list.celfiles(path=path,full.names=TRUE);
affyBatch <- ReadAffy(filenames=celFile[1:3]);

Fehler in int.unzip(file.path(path, zipname), topic, tmpd) :
        'destination' existiert nicht

The vector celFile is made up celFiles, no zip files. The data used, are
CEL files from affycomp

 >traceback()
23: zip.file.extract(file, "Rdata.zip")
22: data(mapCdfName, envir = environment())
21: cleancdfname(cdfname, addcdf = FALSE)
20: .nextMethod(.Object, ...)
19: eval(expr, envir, enclos)
18: eval(call, callEnv)
17: callNextMethod(.Object, ...)
16: .local(.Object, ...)
15: .nextMethod(.Object, assayData = assayData, phenoData = phenoData,
        featureData = featureData, experimentData = experimentData,
        annotation = annotation)
14: eval(expr, envir, enclos)
13: eval(call, callEnv)
12: callNextMethod(.Object, assayData = assayData, phenoData = phenoData,
        featureData = featureData, experimentData = experimentData,
        annotation = annotation)
11: .local(.Object, ...)
10: .nextMethod(.Object, assayData = assayData, phenoData = phenoData,
        featureData = featureData, experimentData = experimentData,
        annotation = annotation)
9: eval(expr, envir, enclos)
8: eval(call, callEnv)
7: callNextMethod(.Object, assayData = assayData, phenoData = phenoData,
       featureData = featureData, experimentData = experimentData,
       annotation = annotation)
6: .local(.Object, ...)
5: initialize(value, ...)
4: initialize(value, ...)
3: new("AffyBatch", exprs = exprs, cdfName = cdfname, phenoData =
phenoData,
       nrow = dim.intensity[1], ncol = dim.intensity[2], annotation =
cleancdfname(cdfname,
           addcdf = FALSE), description = description, notes = notes)
2: read.affybatch(filenames = l$filenames, phenoData = l$phenoData,
       description = l$description, notes = notes, compress = compress,
       rm.mask = rm.mask, rm.outliers = rm.outliers, rm.extra = rm.extra,
       verbose = verbose, sd = sd, cdfname = cdfname)
1: ReadAffy(filenames = celFile[1:3])

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
i386-pc-mingw32
locale:
LC_COLLATE=German_Germany.1252;LC_CTYPE=German_Germany.1252;LC_MONETARY=German_Germany.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=German_Germany.1252
attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "methods"   "base"
other attached packages:
    affy   affyio  Biobase
"1.14.2"  "1.4.1" "1.14.1"

Best
Markus

--
Dipl.-Tech. Math. Markus Schmidberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de