[BioC] Limma: Very high logFC values

Joern Toedling toedling at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 5 16:52:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

limma's lmFit expects log-transformed expression values as input, and
the returned "log fold-change" is then about the difference between the
mean expression levels in each group, which given your input data may
very well be 5000 but this is not the proper log fold change at all. I
don't know what kind of data preprocessing you performed but you may
want to make sure that you feed log-transformed data into lmFit.

Regards,
Joern