[BioC] RdbiPgSQL: slowness in dbWriteTable

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 5 17:38:34 CEST 2007

> Hi, Jeff.  The fastest way to get data into postgresql is to use some
> version of the copy protocol.  I do not know what RdbiPgSQL uses for

Yup, your method is essentially what I came across yesterday afternoon,
with some slight variations.  What you outline is a bit better
though.  This works for my immediate task, although I'm going to need a
way to allow this to be automated (hopefully within RdbiPgSQL
itself).  COPY won't work, and /copy of course needs to be called from
psql.  One thought was to try and get /copy implemented in R.