[BioC] deleting probes in expression set

Vanessa Vermeirssen vanessa.vermeirssen at psb.ugent.be
Wed Sep 12 17:40:56 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have created eSets from RGLists for cDNA microarrays. I would like to
combine in the end data from several
different platforms. As a special case, I would like to combine 2 eSets
with the same gene probes, but in a different order on the array (so 2
different array platforms).
The IDs of my probes are not unique, so I cannot use them as
FeatureNames...some have a duplicate in there (extension #2 after its
name) and the control probes are
not uniquely named e.g. luciferase (10 x).
Is there a way to delete the duplicates or integrate their information
in the original (taking the average)? How to delete the control probes?
This would enable me to end
up with unique IDs, so I could use them as feature names and then it is
fairly easy to combine the two expression sets.

In another stage, when combining from different platforms with different
genes, I would like to extract just the information for a specific gene
probe list. Is this possible?

I am new to Bioconductor, but learning a lot every day... I hope that
somebody can help me.

Thanks so much already,
Vanessa Vermeirssen

Vanessa Vermeirssen, PhD

Tel:+32 (0)9 331 38 23                        fax:+32 (0)9 3313809
VIB Department of Plant Systems Biology, Ghent University
Technologiepark 927, 9052 Gent, BELGIUM
vamei at psb.ugent.be                         http://www.psb.ugent.be