[BioC] Having two parallel versions of BioC

Oleg Sklyar osklyar at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 15:07:30 CEST 2007

If you are on Linux, install another R somewhere and use any other set
of packages there. If you are on Windows, you can simply copy your full
R directory to another directory and create new desktop/menu links.

Otherwise, you cannot have two versions of the same package in the same
R environment, so having another R installation is the only option
AFAIK.

Oleg

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 14:10 +0200, arne.mueller at novartis.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to have two versions of BioC (Release and Devel) in the
> same R system - maybe using the "lib" argument in bgetBioC? I'd like to
> install R-2.5.1 and to provide the BioC stable release as well as devel.
> Then, is there a way for the user to choose at startup of R which version
> of bioC to use?
>
>    kind regards,
>
>    Arne
>
> Arne Mller
> Novartis Pharma AG, Werk Klybeck
> PH3371, I. TOX ADMIN
> CHBS, WKL-136.1.17
> Novartis Pharma AG, Werk Klybeck
> Klybeckstrasse 141
> CH-4057 Basel
> Switzerland
> Phone: +41 61 6963595
> Email : arne.mueller at novartis.com
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr Oleg Sklyar * EBI-EMBL, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK * +44-1223-494466