[BioC] Knn and missing value

Matthias E. Futschik m.futschik at staff.hu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 24 15:20:01 CEST 2007

dear claudio
maybe you have a look at the pcaMethods package.
	*GENE EXPRESSION:*
Wolfram Stacklies, Henning Redestig, Matthias Scholz, Dirk Walther, and
Joachim Selbig
*pcaMethods—a bioconductor package providing PCA methods for incomplete
data*
Bioinformatics, 1 May 2007; 23: 1164 - 1167.

hth,
matthias.

claudio.is at libero.it schrieb:

>Dear Bioc,
>
>I want to use the Knn function, from packages(class), to classify sample from a cDNA dataset in which there are some missing values.
>When I run the script, the function complains about missing values, so I checked for some strategies to overcome the problem.
>One way could be to fit the missing values on the data itself, with pamr.knnimpute, but I don't like the idea, as I maight overfit the data itself.
>On the other side I was looking for a strategy to make knn accept missing values but I could not find.
>do you have any suggestion?
>
>--
>Claudio

Dr. Matthias E. Futschik