[BioC] slow graph methods [was: 'slow insertions in to graphNEL object (24 hours for 16k nodes)']

Paul Shannon pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Thu Sep 27 01:38:08 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your explanations.  I pack quite a lot of information into
node and (especially) edge
attributes, so your first suggestion, ftM2graphNEL,  does not look so
promising.

Your second suggestion sounds like it might work.  Is there
documentation
somewhere that shows how to convert an environment into an S4 graph
object?
And perhaps the complementary conversion, from a graph into an
environment?

Cheers,

  - Paul