[BioC] default fdr rate in limma/affylmgui

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Apr 14 15:32:36 CEST 2008

Hi Karl,

k. brand wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm trying to confirm the default fdr rate (for the BH method) in limma
> & also in affylmGUI. I failed to extract this information from list
> archives or the manual.

That is a pretty broad question. What particular function are you
talking about? I don't know that you can assume all functions in both
packages that adjust for multiplicity use the same correction.

However, this info can be had in (at least) two ways. Say you want to
know about topTable().

?topTable gives me

Usage:

topTable(fit,coef=NULL,number=10,genelist=fit$genes,adjust.method="BH",sort.by="B",resort.by=NULL,p.value=1,lfc=0)

Further, args() gives me this:

 > args(topTable)
function (fit, coef = NULL, number = 10, genelist = fit$genes,
     adjust.method = "BH", sort.by = "B", resort.by = NULL, p.value = 1,
     lfc = 0)

You could also just type topTable at an R prompt and scroll back to the
top of the function to see what the defaults are.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.