[BioC] Genefinder method

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:53:51 CEST 2008

Hi Lana,

Not sure what you mean by 'introduce' the code.

If you just want to add something for your own use, the easiest way is
to download the tarball, introduce your changes, and then build/install
the package.

However 'easiest' does not mean easy. This function is S4, and the
package has a namespace, and the actual work is done using C code, so
this would not be a trivial thing to do.

Changes would likely have to be made in the function gf_distance, which
is in nd.c in the src directory of the genefilter package. This is in
addition to the changes to the R code that calls gf_distance.

If instead you want to contribute code, then the best thing to do is to
download the subversion sources for genefilter, make your changes, and
then send a diff based patch to Bioc-devel for consideration.

Best,

Jim