[BioC] Agilent control probes

Sat Apr 19 06:46:47 CEST 2008

We are constructing a microarray and we (I) want some normalization
controls on the array. We are testing the Agilent platform and they
seem to have a standard control mix + probes you can purchase for a
set prize. It seems to be viral or bacterial genes covering a wide
range of concentrations.

Is anyone familiar with using these probes for normalization? I am
wondering whether the number of probes is great enough (well, I am
actually wondering how many probes you get for each transcript).
Should we consider making our own mix (which we might do anyway test
the difference). Any comments on or off-list would be appreciated. We
are going to do a potential huge number of arrays, so I want to get
this as good as we can.

Kasper