[BioC] Newbie: Problems installing bioconductor

Zembower, Kevin kzembowe at jhuccp.org
Mon Apr 21 17:53:33 CEST 2008

I'm just trying to get started with Bioconductor, and have hit a snag.
I'm trying to follow the directions
(http://www.bioconductor.org/download) to install it in my working R
2.6.2 and get this error:
> source("http://bioconductor.org/bioLite.R")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) : unable to open
connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/bioLite.R")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) : unable to open
connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
  cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

I searched the archives of this list under '404' and didn't find
anything recent. I searched with 'install,' and browsed the subject
lines back to the beginning of the month, but didn't see anything that
seemed to apply. Please forgive me if I overlooked anything.

Thanks for your help and advice.

-Kevin

Kevin Zembower
Internet Services Group manager