[BioC] Changing margins on a boxplot

Al Ivens alicat at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 11:47:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am generating a multiple boxplot for my data, and trying to include
several pieces of information for each box along the x axis.  I can
generate the labels fine, but can not increase the margins to enable me
to see them all.  I am used to using

margins=c(5,8)

or similar, but this does not work for box plots as far as I can see.  I
tried passing:

...,pars="margins=c(5,8)",...

to the boxplot command line, but to no avail.

Is there a simple way of doing it?

Cheers and thanks for any guidance!

R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages: