[BioC] Example of converting graphNEL object to ajacency matrix?

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 24 17:56:06 CEST 2008

Zembower, Kevin wrote:
> Robert and Gabor, thanks so much for writing and helping me. Both
> suggestions will be very helpful.
>
> Robert, with regard to RBGL, I didn't consider this because I'm not very
> knowledgeable about projects in the Bioconductor system. In fact, my
> only interest was caused by Googling 'krackhardt' and discovering his
> data in the SNAData package. I've never heard of RBGL, but Googling it
> just now returns a page with "Description: demo of interface with full
> copy of all hpp defining boost." From this description, I don't think
> that I would have known that this has anything to do with Social Network
> Analysis. I've printed the manual for RBGL and will investigate it for
> my use. Thanks for suggesting this.

   Very good point, I had not noticed that the DESCRIPTION file had not
changed since we began - hopefully it is now somewhat more descriptive.

   You should be able to virtually everything in Wasserman and Faust
from RBGL - I would be happy to hear about things that do not work, or
where the implementation is not obvious.

   best wishes
     Robert

> I also didn't know that 'as' was an alias for 'coerce.' Thank you so
> much for pointing this out, and for your example. All of this is really
> helpful.
>
> -Kevin

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology