[BioC] Bioconductor and R 2.7

Christian Kohler Christian.Kohler at klinik.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Apr 30 14:59:17 CEST 2008

Hallo Wolfgang,

thanks for your response.

The same problem occured on Mac OS X (Leopard) with R.app (2008/04/23)
as well:

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("Biobase", type="source") # also with type="binary"
Running biocinstall version 2.2.7 with R version 2.7.0
Your version of R requires version 2.2 of BioConductor.
Warning in install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
  argument 'lib' is missing: using '~/Library/R/2.7/library'
Warning message:
In install.packages(pkgs = pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies =
dependencies,  :
  package "Biobase"is not available

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.7.0

The same result after following your suggestion with R --vanilla.

I think, my last 'biocLite()'-try was on Monday and worked without any
problem.

Best,
Christian

--