[BioC] preparing packages for use with R and Bioconductor

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Aug 11 15:27:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Srinivasan Ramachandran
<ramuigib at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was attempting to prepare a package for use with bioconductor and R. I
> prepared the individual files but didn't have success in making it as a
> package and run it. Specifically the command R CMD INSTALL packagename did
> not work in windows. Can anyone kindly suggest a procedure for preparing a
> package. Meanwhile I did work around this. I simply loaded my data tables
> using read.csv and then saved the image. Recalling the image works perfectly
> fine but I guess this is not a good portable solution.

Hi, Ramu.  First, always include sessionInfo() in your messages to the
list, just to get those details on the table.  Second, have you
installed R tools for Windows?  See the R for Windows FAQ here for
details:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html

You need to do that to install packages from source on Windows.
Third, you will probably want to read the relevant sections of the
manual here:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html

Finally, once you are satisfied that things should be working, if you
still have an error, feel free to send back the commands and the error
output you got.

Sean