[BioC] {Spam?} Re: RMA on a batch with NA values

Tarca, Adi atarca at med.wayne.edu
Mon Aug 11 18:50:48 CEST 2008

Thanks Jim,

It looks like rma has an argument "subset" that allows me to choose the
probesets that I want to consider.
Even discarding some probes out of the considered probesets can work as
well if no background correction is required, i.e.

esetb<-rma(abatch,subset=psok, background=FALSE)

 works fine after inserting Nas.

I just find strange that the background correction step requires that
all probe intensities should be valid number and not contain any Nas.

Regards,
Adi

Adi Laurentiu TARCA, Ph.D.
Research Associate, Dept. of Computer Science &
Services in Support of the NIH Perinatology Research Branch,
Manager of the Bioinformatics Core, Karmanos Cancer Institute,
Wayne State University,
3990 John R., Office 4809,
Detroit, Michigan 48201
Tel: 1-313-5775305