[BioC] Quality control;Missing value;installation

Tue Aug 12 20:58:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Aug 12, 2008, at 2:48 PM, Yisong Zhen wrote:

> (3)
> When I try to install the arrayQualityMetrics, there is warning
> message. I
> cannot load the library arrayQualityMetrics.
>
>> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>> biocLite("arrayQualityMetrics")
> Running biocinstall version 2.0.8 with R version 2.5.0
> Your version of R requires version 2.0 of Bioconductor.
> Warning message:
> package 'arrayQualityMetrics' is not available in:
> install.packages(pkgs =
> pkgs, repos = repos, dependencies = dependencies,

I suspect this is happening because you are using an old version of R
and therefore an old version of Bioconductor.

By looking at
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.1/bioc/

It looks like arrayQualityMetrics was introduced in bioconductor 2.1
(and you're using 2.0)

Would it be possible for you to upgrade to the latest version of R
(2.7.1), reinstall the relevant bioconductor packages, and try this
again?

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos