[BioC] Analysis tips for two-color oligo arrays with commonreference and dye swap

Paul Leo p.leo at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 14 10:24:23 CEST 2008

"I have also read in a post from yesterday where Gordon replied that
LIMMA isn't smart enough to handle the dye-swaps and the blocking at
the same time. So, I would like to know if my analysis with the above"

I think *specifically* Limma can't handle "Unbalanced" dye-swaps and
blocking. So each and every blocked pair must be dye swapped to anaylse
using duplicateCorrelation etc (the way you describe here) ....  this is
your experiment design , so you're ok. The other experiment has 2 x dye
swaps within 4 tech replicates per sample  , so a trick was needed to
include both of these effects over each 4 sample set....

Cheers
Paul

code is reliable and complete-----Original Message-----