[BioC] Problems installing AnnotationDbi on RHEL4 using biocLite

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 19 19:36:43 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

I don't know what is causing your system to output that symbol, but you
have to get the case correct in order to install the package.  So to get
this installed you have to (at a minimum) type:

biocLite("AnnotationDbi")

instead of

biocLite("annotationDbi").

The normal error message should have said "annotationDbi is not
available" and then "perhaps you meant AnnotationDbi?".  I don't  have
enough information from this post to really diagnose why this not
working right for you.

Hope this helps,

  Marc