[BioC] [R] BioC 2.3 standard installation

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Dec 2 02:06:10 CET 2008

[back to the lists]

So it seems that r-base-dev forgets to depend on libatlas-base-dev

You can fix this by installing libatlas-base-dev manually:

   apt-get install libatlas-base-dev

This should solve the compilation/linking problem with KernSmooth,
preprocessCore and any other package that needs to be linked
against the BLAS/ATLAS/LAPACK libraries on Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex).

Note that this problem only affects people that get their R-2.8 from
r-base + r-base-dev

Cheers,
H.

--