[BioC] Colourful way of visualising differential analysis results

Yannick Wurm yannick.wurm at unil.ch
Tue Dec 2 10:04:22 CET 2008

Hi Dan,
my apologies for the slow reply.
How many different PC3M samples were used? Only 1? So you want a
single-column heatmap (with xxxx rows, 1 per spot?)

Then just make a limma model
	then use makeContrasts(PC3M-Knockdown, design)
	then once you've done lmFit,
	you'll find the relative expression values in the "coefficients" part
of myFitObject. Access it via myFitObject$coefficients

Alternatively, if you want one heatmap column per PC3M you hybridized,
you can calculate them by hand:
	+go to your MA object, and use the log2 relative expression levels
from MA$M (you have one column per microarray).
	+To compare Knockdown against PC3M,
		- use array 1_2 data as is:
			MA$M[,2]
		- calculate Knockdown-PC3M a second time via arrays 1_3 and 3_4:
			MA$M[,10]+MA$M[,3]
		- calculate Knockdown-PC3M again via arrays 2_2  and 1_1:
			-MA$M[,1] -MA$M[,5]
		- and then again via arrays 3_1 and 3_2

heatmap(cbind(MA$M[,2], MA$M[,10]+MA$M[,3], -MA$M[,1] -MA$M[,5], ...))

Best,
yannick