[BioC] build BPMAP File

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 5 03:28:45 CET 2008

Assuming that chr1 is the first sequence in yopur bpmap file (beware,
sometimes the first sequences are spike-in controls), it should be as
simple as

bpmap = readBpmap(FILE)
writeTpmap(filename = "tmp.tpmap", bpmaplist = bpmap[1]) # note just
single [ so you geta list with one component
tpmap2bpmap(tmpmapname = "tmp.tpmap", bpmapname = "tmp.bpmap")

tpmap2bpmap converts from a text based bpmap file (which according to
Affy's documentation is called a tpmap file, but I have never seen
that term used outside of their documentation) into a binary bpmap. In
case you wonder "tpmap" = "text probe map" and bpmap = "binary probe
map"

Kasper