[BioC] biomaRt query

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 22:24:00 CET 2008

Dear Sebastian

thank you. This is turning not really to be a "biomaRt" (the R package)
question, but one for "Ensembl" (the online database). I think they'd be
happy to hear your feedback (including all the other many genes you
mention)!

Go to Ensembl http://www.ensembl.org/info/website/help and select
"contact helpdesk".

I did find "TWIST2" in Ensembl, but apparently the association with the
EntrezGene ID is not present in all datasets produced by the Biomart
database warehouse.

Best wishes
      Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber, EMBL-EBI, http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber

Sebastien Gerega ha scritto:
> I thought that might be the case, I was just surprised by how many genes
> didn't show up in Ensembl....
>
> Sean Davis wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Sebastien Gerega <seb at gerega.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> there is probably a very simple answer to this question but why does the
>>> following code produce the output NULL?
>>>
>>> ensembl = useMart("ensembl", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
>>> getBM(attributes = c("entrezgene", "hgnc_symbol"), filters =
>>> "entrezgene",