[BioC] analyze HuEx array using HuGene .cdf file

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 12 11:33:45 CET 2008

Hi,

to second what already have been said and explained; you cannot reuse
that CDF for a different chip type.  The chip types doesn't even have
the same number of probes.

Note that:

Robinson, M. D. & Speed, T. P. A comparison of Affymetrix gene
expression arrays. BMC Bioinformatics, 2007, 8, 449. URL:
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/8/449/abstract/

did this kind of comparison across these chip types.   Mark Robinson
used aroma.affymetrix for this.  I'm sure he reads this thread so I
can correct me if I'm wrong.  He and Elizabeth Purdom (I think)
created custom CDFs for this, cf.

 http://groups.google.com/group/aroma-affymetrix/web/huex-1-0-st-v2

Hope this helps

Henrik