[BioC] ensembl biomart

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Dec 17 06:11:37 CET 2008

That's indeed the default host as it is the central registry which keeps
track of the available BioMarts and from there a dispatch happens to other
hosts depending on the BioMart you use.

You probably wanted to access the 52 version of Ensembl which is not yet
available from biomart.org.  52 was released last week and it takes a few
days to get that update into the central registry.

Try this:

> listMarts(host="www.ensembl.org/biomart/martservice")
               biomart      version
1 ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL   Ensembl 52
2     ENSEMBL_MART_SNP Variation 52

> mart = useMart("ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl",
host="www.ensembl.org/biomart/martservice")

Cheers,
Steffen