[BioC] Normalized microarray data and meta-analysis

Mcmahon, Kevin kwyatt.mcmahon at ttuhsc.edu
Thu Dec 18 00:48:33 CET 2008

Excellent, Claus!  I appreciate your input!  That was my idea as well -
if you are trying to do one big experiment, then you'd definitely need
to adjust for any "study effects," but just trying to combine p-values
(I'm using an average effect size, which converts directly to p-values)
then it's less important.

Are there any other ideas on this subject?

Thanks to everyone so far,

Wyatt

K. Wyatt McMahon, Ph.D.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Department of Internal Medicine
3601 4th St.
Lubbock, TX - 79430
806-743-4072
"It's been a good year in the lab when three things work. . . and one of
those is the lights." - Tom Maniatis