[BioC] memory allocation problems

fabio.dezi at mail.polimi.it fabio.dezi at mail.polimi.it
Fri Feb 1 19:11:51 CET 2008

Dear all
i'm trying reading Affymetrix microarray data using ReadAffy
command,but i get the error:

Error in read.affybatch(filenames = l$filenames, phenoData = l$phenoData,  :
   Calloc can't allocate memory (1819626853 of 1)

Warning messages:
1: In read.affybatch(filenames = l$filenames, phenoData = l$phenoData,  :
   Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)

my memory size is 2GB and this data are from S.Raphael Hospital(33
arrays).In the previous simulations (for training) i worked on data
from GEO database and i've never had problems in making all the
analysis (reading,normalization,etc.), also with the same number of
arrays of this. Now i can't read a single microarray.I don't
understand this difference by what is caused.
Thanks for your attention and help.
Best regards

Fabio Dezi

Department of Biomedical Engineering