[BioC] Different gcRMA results depending on platform and version

Zhijin Wu zwu at stat.brown.edu
Tue Feb 5 23:30:14 CET 2008

We did make differences on the gcRMA when we updated from 1.x.x to the
2.x.x versions. Different results are expected because of the change in
background estimation. However, assessment on the calibration data (two
latin square datasets) showed that there is not much practical
differences. For two samples, the differences in expression values from
two different versions of gcrma should still be close to identical. (For
example, you may see one gene used to be 6 and 6.1 across two samples
and became 5 and 5.1 in another version, but the differences in
expression are both .1).