[BioC] EBImage installation error

Klaus-Peter Pleissner pleissner at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Feb 13 18:16:54 CET 2008

Hello

I have downloaded  gtk-dev-2.10.11-win32-1.exe and installed GTK under
C:\GTK.

Then I installed ImageMagick-6.3.8-Q16

The path variable is :

PATH=C:\GTK\bin;C:\GTK\lib;d:\programme\imagemagick-6.3.8-q16;C:\WINDOWS\system32

Then I installed EBImage_2.2.0.zip within R-GUI using Packages ->
Install packages from local zip files

 >library(EBImage)    gives following error (in German): Der
Prozedureinsprungspunkt "atk_relation_add_target" wurde in der
DLL"libatk-1.0-0.dll" nicht gefunden .

In English: The procedure entry point "atk_relation_add_target" was not
found in DLL  "libatk-1.0-0.dll"

Can you give me a hint to solve this problem, please ?

Regards
Klaus-Peter

P.S.
 I have read the EBImage installation HOWTO

$version.string
[1] "R version 2.6.0 (2007-10-03)"

Oleg Sklyar wrote:
> [...]
>
> This is not EBImage error, but GTK configuration error, which is
> independent on the package: the package fails to find one of the most
> basic GTK libraries that are required for its proper functioning.
>
> The package requires at least 2 dependencies that must be installed
> separately on Windows. biocLite does not do that because those are not
> R, but system dependencies. GTK containing GDK is one of those.
> Unfortunately, often people use biocLite without thinking that many
> packages require system-level dependencies, which are not installed and
> biocLite does not warn about it.
>
> Have you checked the installation manual for the package? Please check
> this manual, ensure that everything what is in there is done. If it
> still does not work check if {GTK}\lib is in your PATH along with
> {GTK}\bin.
>
> If this all does not help, please post more details: versions of R,
> EBImage, GTK, ImageMagick that you are trying to use; the contents of
> your PATH variable in part concerning GTK and ImageMagick
>
> Best,
> Oleg
>

> Yuan Jian wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>   I have installed EBImage in windows XP:
>>   > source("http://www.braju.com/R/hbLite.R")
>>   > biocLite("EBImage")
>>
>>   but when I do
>>   >library(EBImage)
>>   the following error message box appeared:
>>   "This application has failed to start because libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll was not found,
>>   Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
>>
>>   I re-installed, the problem still is there.
>>   can you help me to solve the problem?
>>

>> "alex lam (RI)" <alex.lam at bbsrc.ac.uk> wrote:
>>   Dear BioC users,
>>
>> I am going to use the custom CDF released by MBNI for the array rae230a.
>> Does anyone know of any methods / webpage for getting basic statistics
>> such as how many probesets did not match ensembl, how many probes were
>> removed because of SNPs ... etc?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Alex
>> Alex C. Lam
>> Roslin Institute (Edinburgh)
>> Midlothian
>> EH25 9PS
>> United Kingdom
>> Tel: +44 131 5274471
>>
>> Roslin Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
>> Scotland (registered number SC157100) and a Scottish Charity (registered
>> number SC023592). Our registered office is at Roslin, Midlothian, EH25
>> 9PS. VAT registration number 847380013.
>>
>> The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
>> confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only. The
>> opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
>> the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
>> Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
>> stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Dr. Klaus-Peter Pleissner
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology
Core Facility Bioinformatics
Charitéplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin
Germany