[BioC] About a problem with databases

JUAN MIGUEL MARIN DIAZARAQUE jmmarin at est-econ.uc3m.es
Fri Feb 22 20:02:49 CET 2008

Hello Dear BioC-community,

We are trying to check a non-lineal mapping between the expressions of
two sets of the same genes under different conditions. I am afraid that
we have a basic knowledge about Bioconductor capacities...

We have tried to use the ALL database, but after filtering expressions
we obtain that almost all genes, associated with two different class of
cancer cell types, seem to have similar behavior as we can glance at it
with a Multidimensional Scaling map.
In fact, our interest is mainly to check a non-standard non-linear
Bayesian statistical procedure, and for that there is not any library
in the Bioconductor repository (nowadays).

We wonder whether it exists any database with same genes but with a
strongly different behavior under different conditions. As a first
application we considered cancer related data but we do not know if it
may be better to look for databases with same type of genes but from
different species.

Best

jm~

     J. Miguel Marin