[BioC] Biostatistician position at Yale
aiping.lin at yale.edu
Tue Feb 26 16:19:29 CET 2008
If you are interested, please go to Yale job posting website at
http://www.yale.edu/hronline/stars/application/external/index.html to apply
STARS Req ID: 3475BR
Department: Biotechnology Services
University Generic Title: Biostatistician
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Salary Range: $49,500 - $75,500
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Worksite Address: 300 George Street, New Haven, CT
Position General Purpose
Provide biostatistical assistance and training for facility users as well as
biomedical researchers in general.
1. Provide well-defined microarray, protein profiling, SNP association and
other statistical analysis services.
2. Assist in designing experiments, e.g. web publish recommended procedures
and animal experimental protocols need to provide statistically valid data.
3. Assist in preparing grant applications (e.g. make available "drop in"
biostatistics sections for grant applications) and for Methods sections of
4. Develop web-based Power Point tutorials for commonly needed statistical
procedures (i.e. step by step directions for analyzing microarray data).
5. Evaluate various statistical data.
6. Evaluate new software.
7. Train microarray users and other biomedical researchers for data
8. Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience
1. Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or relevant field and two
years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Education and Experience
1. Basic knowledge of molecular biology and genetics; experience
collaborating and consulting in biomedical environment.
Skills & Abilities
1. Strong programming ability and knowledge of data analytic strategies.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Sufficient knowledge of computer programming.
More information about the Bioconductor