[BioC] BGX Output Help

Wed Jan 16 20:27:07 CET 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 5:03 AM, Louisa A Rispoli/AS/EXP/UTIA wrote:

> hits=-2.6 tests=BAYES_00
>

> To all-
>
> I know that I am having a problem with memory based on the error
> that I
> just received but I cannot figure out how the issue is happening. I
> ran the
> bgx analysis without issue but when try to get the output analyzed
> I am
> receiving an error "Error: cannot allocate vector of size 188.5 Mb"
> on a
> maching that has 2.0 GB of RAM. Any suggestions?

All you can tell from this error message is that you are missing ram.
Say you are in the situation that you are using 1.9 GB and then try
to create an object of 200MB. Then the error will be "cannot allocate
vector of size 200MB", so you are probably using way more memory.

It seems like you are reading in some big output files. This may be
made possible by changing the reading routine to a function that is
less memory hungry. Or you might simply have to little RAM. I suggest
contacting the authors of BGX. It seems pretty silly that an output
analysis of a MCMC run stored on disk should be so memory hungry - of
course that depends on what they are doing.

Kasper