[BioC] Disorderly duplicate spots

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Jan 17 16:00:45 CET 2008

Dear Yannick,
On the whole, most people have equal numbers of duplicates for each
gene, and can use the methods discussed in limma.

However, we had a situation similar to yours.

First, we did a graphical analysis to determine if the expression
profile of a clone set was fairly parallel over the arrays.  A
parallel profile indicates that the assessment of differential
expression will be the same for any clone.  (Almost all of ours were,
and we suspect that some of the others were possibly assembly
errors.)  Then we picked the clone that was at a reasonably high
quantile of the expression distribution.  i.e. we did not pick the
most highly expressed clone, in case this was due to some type of
error.  We picked the median, or the clone at the 75th percentile etc.

--Naomi