[BioC] Using a weight for Illumina data? (limma)

Benno Puetz puetz at mpipsykl.mpg.de
Tue Jan 22 14:20:56 CET 2008

As I have a lot of genes which show essentially no expression, I thought
of using the Detection (or rather 1-detection) as weight in lmFit. As I
have not found any mention of this yet, I wanted to ask for comments
whether that would be reasonable.

When subsequently using eBayes(), this would probably reduce the
influence of the low variance in those genes?

--
Benno Pütz
Statistical Genetics