[BioC] Edge attributes in Rgraphviz

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 19:34:05 CET 2008

Dear Prof. Gentleman,

I was using 1.16 and updated it to 1.17 version of
Graphviz.  I see same problem with 1.17. am I wrong in
assigning attributes to edges?

 Here I do not intend to change some edges but all
edges in the entire graph. I feel that the lines are
too fat at some places in the graph.

Kind regards,
Srini.

> x = buildEdgeList(g4,
+                     recipEdges='distinct',
+                     edgeAttrs=list(c(color='green'))
+                    )
Error in buildEdgeList(g4, recipEdges = "distinct",
edgeAttrs = list(c(color = "green"))) :
  STRING_ELT() can only be applied to a 'character
vector', not a 'NULL'

> natt = makeNodeAttrs(
+                       g4,
+                       shape = "ellipse",
+                       fillcolor= "goldenrod1",
+                       size=0,
+                       fontsize=8,
+                       label = substr(nodes(g4),6,
10)
+                      )

>  lgGO = agopen(
+               g4,
+               recipEdges = "distinct",
+               layoutType = "dot",
+               nodeAttrs = natt,
+               name = "",
+               edgeAttrs=list(c(color='green',
+                                weight=0.3)
+                              )
+               )
Error in buildEdgeList(graph, recipEdges, edgeAttrs,
subGList, attrs$edge) :
  STRING_ELT() can only be applied to a 'character
vector', not a 'NULL'

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United
States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United
States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tools     stats     graphics  grDevices
utils     datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:
 [1] Rgraphviz_1.17.7    rgug4130a.db_2.0.2
GOstats_2.4.0       Category_2.4.0
genefilter_1.16.0   survival_2.34       RBGL_1.14.0

 [8] annotate_1.16.1     xtable_1.5-2
GO.db_2.0.2         AnnotationDbi_1.0.6 RSQLite_0.6-4
     DBI_0.2-4           Biobase_1.16.2
[15] graph_1.16.1

[1] cluster_1.11.9