[BioC] sample size estimation in genome wide association studies / packages

pingzhao Hu phu at sickkids.ca
Wed Jan 30 15:44:03 CET 2008

Hi Alex,
Here are some references:

WJ Gauderman (2002), "Sample size requirements for matched
case-control studies of gene-environment interaction", Stat Med 21:35-50.
WJ Gauderman (2002), "Sample size requirements for association
studies of gene-gene interaction", American Journal of Epidemiology,
155:478-484.
WJ Gauderman (2003), "Candidate gene association studies for a
quantitative trait, using parent-offspring trios", Genetic
Epidemiology, 25:327-338.

I think it works for quantitative trait. See the option 'continuous'
in design.

Pingzhao

Email: phu at sickkids.ca
Web: http://www.tcag.ca/statisticalAnalysis.html