[BioC] Increase accuracy of calculations

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 30 18:42:49 CET 2008

> Hi,
>
> I am doing some gene enrichment analysis using the limma library and
> keep getting 0 or 1 as a result.  I think this might be because
> calculations in scientific notation only go up to E-99 or E99.  Is there
> any was to increase this up to three digits?
>
> Hope that makes sense.

You have to be much clearer in your address to the mailing list.
Please describe, preferably with some example data already available
in Bioconductor (such as golubEsets) how your enrichment analysis
would work (e.g., what functions you are writing/invoking), then
describe how your data differ from the Golub
data, and describe how you are generating E-99 and E99.

Include full details on the version of R and limma in use by
running sessionInfo() and pasting that in your mail.