[BioC] error asMatrixWeights in LimmaGUI

bzzandrew at interfree.it bzzandrew at interfree.it
Tue Jul 1 16:34:42 CEST 2008

Dear BioC users,
I'm using LimmaGUI in R2.7 to analyse my microarray (miRNA exiqon v.10.0) experiments...

But I'm not be able to solve this type of error that appearing constantly when I try to compute the linear model fit, particularly this error ever appears when I include in the model only the genes and excluding the controls. I made for this a specific SpotType file:
SpotType	ID	Name	Color
gene	*	*mmu	black
control 	NO_NAME	NO_NAME	yellow

How can I resolve the error message: "asMatrixWeights(weights, dim(M)): weights is of unexpected shape", using LimmaGUI packege in R?

Besides, there is no problem if I compute the model on all spots.

Can I modify in any way the spot file?
Is there a possibility to solve it in LimmaGUI or a possibility to modify the matrix array when excluding some spots?

I hope someone can help me!
Thanks a lot and best wishes,
Andrea

Andrea Bozzato, PhD