[BioC] subset in XPS

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Thu Jul 3 21:58:38 CEST 2008

Dear Zhibin

In general, xps offers two ways to get the treenames from an ExprTreeSet:

1. method treeNames applied to the ExprTreeSet:
 > treenames <- treeNames(data.rma)
 > treenames

2. function getTreeNames applied to the root file directly:
 > treenames <- getTreeNames("Test3RMA.root")
 > treenames
 > treenames <- getTreeNames("Test3RMA.root","mdp")
 > treenames

Then you can select the treenames of interest by doing:
 > treenames <- treenames[c(2,4)]

Of course, the following also works:
 > value <- exprs(data.rma)
 > treenames <- colnames(value)
 > treenames
 > treenames <- treenames[c(4,6)]

In any case you get the subset:
 > sub.rma <- data.rma
 > exprs(subset.rma, treenames) <- value
 > str(sub.rma)

which results in:
  ..@ treenames:List of 2
  .. ..$ : chr "TestA2.mdp"
  .. ..$ : chr "TestB2.mdp"

Could you please send me the code you used for subsetting, which
resulted in an "X" in front of treenames.

Do above mentioned solutions result in the same error?

Furthermore, could you give me the following information:
- which version of ROOT did you install?
- did you install the ROOT binary or compile from source?
- did you download/install the xps binary or compile from source?

P.S.:
I am glad to hear that running R through Terminal on your Mac works fine.

Best regards
Christian