[BioC] How to adjust the Heatmap.2 color key

Benjamin Otto b.otto at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Jul 9 13:33:44 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

I would define my own color sequence. For example if your maximum logratio
in your table is 5 and the minimum is -8 then you will have to decide how
much color steps you like. Let me assume you use RColorBrewer for choosing a
color palette. You can check the range of your data with
range(#whatyoutableiscalled#). Then you could do:

> mycol <- c(brewer.pal(8,"Greens"),"black",brewer.pal(5,"Reds")[5:1])
> heatmap.2(mytable, col=mycol)

Regards,

Benjamin