[BioC] GC-content sensitive normalization of Affymetrix tiling arrays for ChIP-chip

Christian Feller feller.christian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:14:15 CEST 2008

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your quick response! We successfully used MAT under Python for a dataset with 3 control arrays (hybridized with input) and 3 IP arrays (all biological replicates). In comparison with vsn2, probe standardization via MAT significantly increased the signal-to-noise ratio. However, we have still some doubts about the reliability of those results since the raw data seem to be very noisy, and the correlation of the biological replicates is not very strong.

Thanks again!

Best
Christian