[BioC] Problems installing bioconductor on ubuntu

Thu Jul 10 22:10:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Jul 10, 2008, at 3:52 PM, Rebecca Griffiths wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have been trying to install bioconductor on ubuntu 7.10 gutsy
> using R
> version 2.5.1, and getting a lot of error messages:
<snip>

I'd suggest trying to install a newer version of R, the latest one is
2.7.1

Check out the instructions here:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README.html

If you're still having problems installing the newest release, I think
it would then be worth trying to figure out what's going wrong.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos